K-Meleon is an extremely fast, customizable, lightweight web browser based on the Gecko layout engine developed by Mozilla which is also used by Firefox. K-Meleon is Free, Open Source software released under the GNU General Public License, DNS and is designed specifically for Microsoft Windows (Win32) operating systems.
Version specific installation and update instructions are given by the Installation Notes section of the Release Notes for each version as found on the Download page or in Release Notes list page. The FAQ also has installation instructions for the current release. This page gives an overview with links to the current release version. To install an earlier release, refer to the Release Notes for that version.
- Download the desired full K-Meleon package with installer or Service Pack for an upgrade.
- Check the System Requirements?
- Read the Known Issues/Problems? section in the Release Notes, and Troubleshooting? in the FAQ to identify pre/post-installation actions that may avoid system-specific problems.
- Follow the Release Notes instructions? or the FAQ instructions? to install or update K-Meleon.
- If desired, enable additional third-party plugins? and/or perform other configuration/customization, as described in the FAQ.
Note for Default Browser and Multi-user Profile
During the “Choose Components” section of the installation, there is a “Set K-Meleon as your default browser” option, but you can set K-Meleon your default browser after installation proccess in Edit -> Advanced Preferences (F2) -> Browsing section -> in General tab there is a button named Set As Default Browser or executing setdefault.exe file in K-Meleon folder.
Also during the “Choose Components” section of the installation, there is a “Multi-user Profiles” option. Uncheck this option to store your K-Meleon user profiles im the K-Meleon folder instead of the Windows user profile folder. When you uncheck this option a file named profile.ini is generated in your Unblocked Games K-Meleon folder.