Google Chrome is a free web browser. Google Chrome Browser is available for Windows, Mac and Linux computers. You can also install Google Chrome on your Android or iOS devices.
You can download Google Chrome Browser by downloading a installer file or a standard installer file (also known as offline installer). You can use any pre-installed web browser (Internet Explorer for Windows and Safari for Mac OS X) to download Google Chrome. If you need step by step instructions please visit downloadgooglechrome.com.
How to Install Google Chrome Browser on Windows
- Download the installer file from Google Official Links.
- You can click “Run” or “Save” when prompted.
- If you save your file on your pc, you need to double-click the installer file to start the installation process. Follow the instructions and complete the process.
- Your browser settings and browser history will automatically be imported from your default browser.
How to Install Google Chrome Browser with standard installer file
Standard installers don’t require network connection to install Google Chrome Browser, Once downloaded, you can install Chrome while being offline.
Choose between two alternative installers for Google Chrome:
If you’re downloading Chrome for your own user account only, use this installer:
If you’re downloading Google Chrome for all user accounts on your computer, use this installer:
How to Install Google Chrome Browser on Mac
- Download the installer file
- Open the file called “Google Chrome.dmg” after it has been downloaded.
- In the window that opens, drag the Google Chrome icon to the Application folder. This will install Chrome for all user accounts on your pc. Your settings and browser history will automatically be imported from your default browser.
You need to have administrative rights, drag the icon to a location on your computer where you do have rights. Google Chrome will only be installed for your user account.
- When you open the browser first time, the Finder will prompt you to confirm that you want to open the application downloaded from the Internet. Click Open to continue.
- You’ll see a message letting you know that you can search with Google directly from the omnibox. If you’d like to change your default search engine, click Change.
- You can unmount the Google Chrome disk image on your Desktop by dragging it to the Eject icon in the Dock.
How to Install Google Chrome Browser on Linux
Its may be necessary to install Google Chrome via your native package management system. You can also copy the programme to a local user directory and run it without administrative privileges. To do this, you’ll need administrative access during installation.
- Download the installer file
- Click OK to open the package.
- Click Install Package to start installing Chrome.
- A Chrome window opens once everything is set up. When you open the browser first time, the Finder will prompt you to confirm that you want to open the application downloaded from the Internet. Click Open to continue.
- To open the browser, go to Applications > Internet > Google Chrome. Google Chrome will add its repository to your package manager, this will keep it up to date.